Position Title: Store Manager, Experiential Pour-Your-Own Candle Store
Location: Southport Corridor - Lakeview, Chicago – 2 minute walk to/from Brown Line, Southport Station
Reports To: Owners
Who We Are: AURA Candle Bar is a socially interactive, pour-your-own retail experience bringing people together to explore and create with scent. We invite guests to custom-blend fragrances in our customer-'scentric' atmosphere.
Who We Are Looking For: Are you awesome? Do you have a relentless passion for taking care of customers, while taking care of details? Do you want to build a business from the beginning, working toward a larger vision with a team of equally awesome individuals who know how to work hard and have fun? If the answer is “yes,” read on!
We are looking for a leader to join our business as store manager. As the manager, you will be responsible for creating experiences that ensure we are always the best part of our guests’ day. From greeting guests as they enter the store, helping customers create custom scent blends, to pouring and glazing candles, you will be involved in every aspect of the Aura Candle Bar experience right along with the founders and creators of the business. You will be responsible for the leadership and management of the store, partnering with the owners to create an unrivaled retail experience. We are seeking a rock star that wants to shine and thrive in a positive and supportive environment.
- Never-ending passion for creating and engaging in memorable guest experiences
- Leading; developing people to utilize team member strengths within the responsibilities necessary for the business to grow
- Marketing; community partnership; event creating; sales building
- Managing inventory, restocking, recording daily financials of store operations
- Maintaining store facilities to ensure safety, security, comfort of guests and staff
Useful Past Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills, especially the ability to sell products; creating superior guest service and engagement
- Marketing to the local community and building business relationships; leveraging social media
- Success in specialty retail, hospitality or event planning is an added bonus
- An ability to coach, direct and train team members; utilizing effective communication, interpersonal and related skills
- Flexibility in work schedule, including the ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays, as operational needs may require
Still interested? Then so are we! To apply, please do the following:
Film a 60 second video on your cell phone telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to Aura Candle Bar. Don’t over think it – just showcase your enthusiasm and passion.
Email your video and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!